A Rustic Nest in the Mountains
Rumsu, Naggar, Himanchal Pradesh
Zostel Homs Rumsu is your gateway to experience the distinct culture of Himachal and a rural lifestyle. From sipping hot tea in bliss to exploring stories, traditions, norms, and landscapes, this home has it all. And since it is settled amongst the thick forests, it is your perfect retreat to the Himalayas.
HIGHLIGHTS AND ACTIVITIES
Visit the Basecamp: Explore the basecamp of the Chanderkhani Pass Trek.
Visit old architectural places Like the Gauri Shanker temple, Tripura Sundari, and Naggar Castle in Kullu, which is an hour’s drive from the property.
Pass Episodes Sing songs and share stories over bonfire under a starry sky.
Indulge in the Local art Visit the Nicholas Roerich Art Gallery.
Pay Heed to Ancient Temples Travellers with their own vehicles can plan an adventurous ride to the Bijli Mahadev temple.
Village Hiking Indulge in village hikes to Rumsu and Pulag villages.
Common Hangout Area
HOW TO REACH
◘ By Bus: All the outstation buses come via Patlikul and from there you can hire a cab/shared taxi or go by local buses till Rumsu. ◘ By Air: The nearest airport is kullu Airport which is located 37 km away from Rumsu. You can make the onward journey to Rumsu by Bus or Taxi, approx. fare for taxi - INR 500 - 1000. ◘ By Train: The nearest railway station is Chandigarh which is located 286 km.
AREA - Rumsu, Naggar
Rumsu is a charming little village near Naggar in the Kullu region of Himachal Pradesh. The houses here are a perfect representation of the old Himachali architecture. With darkened wood and intricately carved elements, they are rustic in the truest sense. The region is cold and the weather remains a little chilly in the summers while winters here witness snowfall. Rumsu also serves as the base camp for the Chanderkhani Pass and Malana Village Treks.
LOCATION - Zostel Homes Rumsu (Naggar/Kullu/Manali)
Kullu has a magnetic charm as the River Beas flows through the valley amidst snow-capped peaks, thick forests, beautiful meadows, and vast grasslands. Kullu also holds ancient Pagoda architecture, with its earthquake-resistant houses standing here since centuries.
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
- Nature and surroundings should always be respected and taken care of.
- The area will have to be kept noise-free post 10 pm.
- Any special request regarding food or facilities needs to be intimated in advance.
- All the food served will be home-cooked.
- No room or luggage services will be provided at the property.
- Drinking and smoking are prohibited inside the property. Guests are requested to resort to the open areas for the same.
- Extra Bedding is subject to availability. Please call the property prior to your arrival to confirm the same. Cost of extra bedding - INR 500 per person. Children below the age of 10 can be accommodated for free.
HOSTED By Om Prakash
A resident of the village itself, Mr. Om Prakash is an orchardist and an adventure enthusiast. He organises treks to the Chanderkhani Pass and Malana treks from Rumsu along with his two brothers.