A Sweet Retreat to the Apple Orchards
Cheog, Shimla, Himanchal Pradesh
Seated amidst lush apple orchards, ZostelX Cheog is every bit magical. The village teems with the traditional lifestyle of Himachal, giving itself a distinct flavour altogether. With this getaway, enjoy blissful landscapes and savour local delicacies prepared by the host as you take a rejuvenating break from the hullabaloo of the city life.
HIGHLIGHTS AND ACTIVITIES
Poultry Farming: Visit the host’s poultry farm to witness authentic rural animal husbandry. Be-friend the domestic animals.
Skiing In winters, visit Narkanda for an adventurous ice skiing session.
Horse Riding Indulge in horse-riding in the nearby jungle.
Temple Hiking Visit the ancient temples of Tungesh and Dharech.
Picnic and Soothing Spend a day in the grasslands near the home, enjoying a jovial picnic. Sit back and relax while gazing at the sub-Himalayan ranges as you enjoy with your loved ones.
Common Hangout Area
HOW TO REACH
Upon reaching Fagu, take the right turn and drive for 4 km till you reach Cheog. • By Bus: All the outstation buses come via Shimla and from there you can hire a cab/shared taxi or go by local buses Cheog. • By Air: The nearest airport is Shimla Airport which is located 43 km away from Cheog. You can make the onward journey to cheog by Bus or Taxi, approx. fare for taxi - INR 1000 - 1500. • By Train: The nearest railway station is Shimla which is located 25 km. You can make the onward journey to cheog by Bus or Taxi, approx fare for taxi - INR 800 - 1200.
AREA - Cheog, Shimla
Most travellers who visit Shimla, head to Kufri for mini-trips. Beyond Kufri lies a region that keeps it’s majesty intact as it scarcely sees any travellers. Cheog falls in this unexplored region, giving you the liberty to explore it the way you like. And with a few or no tourists at bay, you can have nature’s resplendence to yourself and your loved ones.
LOCATION - ZostelX Cheog
Cheog falls just a few kilometers ahead of Fagu. While in this quaint village, you are bound to come across locals who live a peculiar life. They’re warm, simple, and well-rooted to their traditions. Making the village even more admirable are the gorgeous apple orchards that bloom across it. And to our delight, our home in Cheog is nestled in one such apple orchard itself.
Exact location information is provided after a booking is confirmed.
- The property is not pet-friendly.
- Footwear is not allowed inside the property. Instead, guests will be provided with slippers.
- Drinking and smoking are prohibited inside the property. Guests are requested to resort to the open areas for the same.
- No room or luggage services will be provided at the property.
- All the food served will be home-cooked.
- Any special request regarding food or facilities needs to be intimated in advance.
- The area will have to be kept noise-free post 10 pm.
- Nature and surroundings should always be respected and taken care of.
- Extra Bedding is subject to availability. Please call the property prior to your arrival to confirm the same. Cost of extra bedding - INR 500 per person. Children below the age of 10 can be accommodated for free.
HOSTED By Sohan Thakur
Mr. Sohan Thakur is an activist with a background in political-economics. A BDC member in the past, he now enjoys performing social work. He owns multiple poultry farms and apple orchards around the property and practices organic farming on a daily basis. His wife, Mrs. Ritu Thakur is an expert in making traditional Himachal dishes. Hence, the local cuisine served at the house is authentic and absolutely delicious.