TAKE THE PLEDGE
I know that due to the actions of human beings, our planet’s natural beauty and ecosystem is getting damaged every second. I know how my actions can affect the lives of other human beings, nature and wildlife, for many years to come. I believe that my thoughts and actions have the strength to bring a change and help preserve the natural beauty of our planet.
So I pledge to:
- Stop purchasing and using single use plastic items like: plastic water bottles, straws, cups etc and use alternative reusable items.
- Follow "Leave No Trace" policy everywhere I go and carry my waste till I can dispose it properly.
- Respect the environment and culture of people living in the places I visit and be aware of my actions that might disturb them.
- Be part of green initiatives whenever I can and plant atleast one tree, every year.
- Consume local food while travelling and avoid packaged food items like chips, noodles or aerated drinks, as they are major source of plastic pollution.
- Carry my own toiletries instead of using new ones while travelling to reduce waste.
- Use public transport or shared taxis as much as possible.
- Conserve water and electricity by minimising wastage.
- Ask hostel/guesthouse/hotel owners about their actions to reduce wastage and urge them to adopt eco-friendly practices
- Be a strong example for other around me and urge more people to take this pledge.