Are you somebody who yearns for lonely places, searches for paths less traveled and finds solace in being one with nature?
We have discovered something new for you. Tag along for an experience that is as unique as YOU! It is time to leave YOUR world behind. It is time to ESCAPE!
Are you coming?
The second edition of The Escape Trail in Bir will make sure you enjoy the Himalayan tranquility as well as do your bit for the cause of climate change. Escape Trail 2.0 is another fun-filled, adrenaline-pumping, stress-reducing, and excitement-inducing natural trail through the Himalayas.
Are you coming?
Sometimes, don’t you want to run away from everything? When life gets too stressful, taking a break and being as close to nature can do wonders for you.
Sometimes, all you need is to escape.
Zostel brings you The Escape Trek to Bir. We promise you would forget all your vows and worries and lose yourself in the wonder around you.
- 7-10 AM- Reach Bir either by direct Volvo from Delhi or the Volvo to Baijnath and a taxi from thereon. You will reach Aayush Home Stay, right next to Colonel’s Resort in village Chougan. This is where all travelers going on the trek will meet for the first time and this is your first chance to make friends with all of them.
- 11 AM-Set off for Billing! The hike is sure to be picturesque when you travel along River Pool and through the Himalayan Cedar Tree Line. The company of backpackers will make it even better!
- 3 PM-Arrive at the camping site in billing. Tea and snacks will be served on arrival. Sip your tea as you try and grasp the beauty around you. Rest for some time in your swiss tents.
- 4:30 PM- It is time to give some rest to the sore feet and get ready for the evening festivities that lie ahead. Sunsets are always mesmerizing from here. Make sure you don't miss it!
- 6:30 PM- After the sun has set, the fire starts to crackle. Gather around the bonfire, folks, and exchange stories with other travelers. This is the best way to make new friends.
- 8 PM- Dinner will be served in Swiss tent dining halls. You are free to do chill after dinner and engage yourself in stargazing. However, don’t get too lost among the stars as you would have to have an early start the next day!
- 8:00 AM- Welcome the happy morning on top of the world. Have your breakfast and head to the paragliding take off site. You have an option to fly down to Bir (Additional Cost - 2000/-).
- 10 AM- Drive back to Bir. Even if you aren't flying down, you'll find yourself rejuvenated.
After you land in Bir, we recommend you take a tour of the monasteries present there. However, you are now free to explore the quaint little village as you like. We are sure you would take a lot of memories and new friendships with you!
- All Swiss tents will have triple occupancy and attached washrooms. There will be female-exclusive tents as well.
- You should carry your warmest clothes with you along with essentials such as a torch and shoes.
- You should be fit enough for the hike, difficulty of which is comparable to the Triund trek.
- Also minimum of 2 pax are required for the trek to initiate on any given date. Otherwise the same would be cancelled.
- Weather conditions don't affect the trek but the flying is dependent on it. So keep in mind that you'll require an extra day if you encounter bad weather.