Romance is in the air!
Touted as the “Venice of the East”, Udaipur is by far India’s most romantic destination. And there is no better time to go than Valentine’s Day.
There is some great news for folks who’ve already packed their bags. Udaipur has been chosen as the venue for the annual World Music Festival, which is set to showcase 100 artists from over 12 countries on 13th and 14th February. (Nothing that you’ve ever seen before, partly because it’s happening for the first time in India)
This festival also marks the 60 years of diplomatic relations between India and Spain. Significant attempts are being made to project Udaipur as a major destination for world music in South Asia and to establish an annual signature event in India’s largest and most beautiful state of Rajasthan.
Guess it’s time to give your better half a phone call.
The major highlights of Day 1 -
1. Carminho - a Portuguese Fado and poplar music singer
2. Mathias Duplessy & Mukhtiyar Ali - French multi-instrumentalist and composer will collaborate with Rajasthani vocalist.
3. Tamara Lucio and Fernando Jimenez - Spanish Flamenco artists
4. Dobet Gnahorè - Unique African Beat Musician
5. Raghu Dixit - Rock Fusion Band
The major highlights of Day 2 -
1. Sonam Kalra - the woman behind the Sufi Gospel Project Band
2. Oum - Moroccan-Saharian Soul Singer
3. Family Atlantica - Afro Beat Venezuelan Cumbia
4. Papon and the East India Company
Now that you’re on it, we thought we would share a couple of restaurants that would spice up your Valentine’s Day.
The unparalleled views of Lake Pichola from these restaurants will leave you asking for more -
1. Shaharkot, Udaipur - Whether it’s a romantic evening spent on the rooftop
or a candle light dinner inside the restaurant
2. Ambrai Restaurant, Udaipur - Whether you’re facing the Lake
or the bar
While you’re at it, why not enjoy a boat-ride as well.
Hope to see you in Udaipur!
**The entry to this music festival is FREE!